Item Number: COILMAC-ER
The Akiles CoilMac-ER coil binding machine is a fully-featured, heavy-duty model that is the ideal partner for mid-volume workloads. The CoilMac-ER has a robust 20-sheet punching capacity (based on 20 lb. paper), and utilizes a super-strength punching mechanism with an exclusive "Precision Guiding System" that ensures clean, professional results every single time. This machine has an extended maximum punching length of 13" and an open punching throat to accommodate even longer page sizes. The CoilMac-ER also has five disengageable pins (located based on the most commonly disengaged pins for standard page sizes), which help to eliminate partially-punched holes on the most popular sheet sizes. To increase binding efficiency, the CoilMac-ER is equipped with a foot pedal-operated electric coil inserter that makes quick work of inserting coils of up to 7/8" (larger coils of up to 2" can be inserted manually). This model is designed for years of worry-free use and features a one-year manufacturer's warranty. Free premium coil crimpers are included. The CoilMac-ER is compatible with all standard 4:1 spiral binding coils.
- Round Holes: Standard 4mm round holes.
- 5 Disengageable Pins: Specially designed disengageable positions guarantee a clean punch with most standard paper sizes, making the CoilMac-ER very simple to use.
- STANDARD 4:1 Pitch (0.250”): Standard pitch for coil binding. Punches 43 holes in a 11” sheet.
- Extended Single Punching Length (13"): With open ends & continuous punch guide to easily punch documents of any length (up to 26").
- High Volume Punch Capacity: Suggested up to 20-sheet* for 20 lbs paper, or 2.6mm (28-sheet equivalent)** for hardboard, in 13" length (53 holes).
- Super Strength Punch Mechanism with exclusive “Precision Guiding System TM" Blade Set: Cast-hardened & heat-treated steel dies provide superior strength & hardness. Exclusive “precision guiding system" guarantees a sharp & clean perforation everytime.
- Top Electric Roller Coil Inserter (Foot Pedal Operated): This easy to use and durable roller makes coil inserting surprisingly fast and easy. It is strategically placed on the left side of the machine so your coil will clear the punch handle while you are inserting.
- Side Margin Control: Provides an evenly centered punch for all document sizes.
- Punching Margin Control: Provides the correct punch-margin-depth for each coil size and maximizes the document's tear resistance.
- Open Throat and Continuous Punch Guide: For an easy alignment and punching of longer documents up to 26".
- Rugged ALL Metal Construction: Makes it the most reliable & durable coil binding system in its class.
- Large Waste Drawer and Non-Skid Feet
- CE Certification: All components certified & approved by CE for most stringent safety requirements.
- ISO9001 & 14001 Quality: Manufactured under ISO9001 & 14001 guidelines for highest quality control & environmental management standards.
- Includes Coil Diameter Selector & Premium Coil Crimpers
|Pitch:||Standard 4:1 (0.250”)|
[Other pitches also available upon special request]
|Operation:||Punching - Manual|
Inserting - Electric (with built-in Electric Roller)
|Disengaging Dies:||5 out of 53|
|Single Punching Capacity:||Up to 20 sheets for 20 lbs paper*|
Up to 2.6mm for hardboard (28-sheet equivalent thickness)**
|Suggested Binding Capacity:||Up to 7/8" (electric)|
Up to 2" (manual)
|Single Punch Legnth:||13" (53 holes)|
|Hole Size:||Round (4mm)|
|Adjustable Depth Margin:||Included|
|Weight & Volume:||38 lbs & 2.5 CbFt|
*To avoid operator's fatigue, our punch throat shield has been set to accept up to 20 sheets only, based on average person's arm strength.
**To punch thicker materials (such as hardboard), simply remove the punch throat shield & proceed to punch.
Follow Lamination Depot on:
Please note: Product images are for reference purposes only.
Please read item description for complete product specifications.
Lamination Depot is committed to providing shoppers around the world with the best in laminating and binding supplies and equipment at the guaranteed lowest prices. Our knowledgeable staff is always happy to answer any questions that you may have, provide recommendations about products, or share helpful tips to help your perfect your binding and laminating processes. Want to learn more about what sets Lamination Depot apart from the competition? Click any of the links below.
To read more than 50 informative articles, including helpful "how-to" guides, product reviews, and expert tips, visit our blog. New articles are added often!
An Overview of Coil Binding - One of the Most Popular Binding Styles
The Long & Short of Using Binding Machines with Disengaging Pins
Lamination Depot is your source for a growing collection of informative videos, including product demonstrations and techniques. Check back soon ... new videos are added frequently!