| Akiles CoilMac-EPI Electric Spiral Binding Machine w/Elec Inserter
Click Thumbnail(s) Below to Enlarge
Item Number: COILMAC-EPI
The Akiles CoilMac-EPI coil binding machine is a heavy-duty, all-electric binding machine capable of handling commercial-volume workloads. The CoilMac-EPI is equipped with a powerful electric punch that is capable of up to 25 sheets at once (based on 20 lb. paper) that uses Akiles' exclusive "Precision Guiding System" to ensure a clean, precise punch every time. This model has 5 disengaging dies as well as an open punching throat and continuous punching guide, which give it the ability to punch a wide variety of document sizes. The CoilMac-EPI has a full-length electric coil inserter that is designed for heavy-duty use, with an industrial-grade roller motor and foot pedal operation. The double-roller inserter is capable of inserting coils up to 7/8" in diameter (coils up to 2" in diameter can be inserted manually). The CoilMac-EPI is backed by a one-year manufacturer's warranty, and its durable, all-metal construction will provide you with years of trouble-free use. Free premium coil crimping tool is included. The CoilMac-EPI is compatible with all standard 4:1 pitch binding coils, including GBC Color Coils.
- Round Holes: Standard 4mm round holes.
- 5 Disengageable Pins: Specially designed disengageable positions guarantee a clean punch with most standard paper sizes, making the CoilMac-ECI very simple to use.
- STANDARD 4:1 Pitch (0.250”): Standard pitch for coil binding. Punches 43 holes in a 11” sheet.
- All Electric Operation: Powerful punching & inserting capability with a simple press of foot pedal.
- Extended Single Punching Length (13”): With open ends & continuous punch guide to easily punch documents of any length (up to 26").
- High Volume Punch Capacity: Suggested up to 25-sheet for 20 lbs paper, or 2.6mm (28-sheet equivalent) for hardboard*, in 13” length (53 holes).
- Super Strength Punch Mechanism with exclusive “Precision Guiding System TM” Blade Set: Cast-hardened & heat-treated steel dies provide superior strength & hardness. Exclusive “precision guiding system” guarantees a sharp & clean perforation everytime.
- Electric Reverse (Anti-Jam) Function: For trouble-free punching.
- Full Length Heavy-Duty Electric Coil Inserter with Double Roller Mechanism: 11-3/8” EPDM roller provides high friction and durability, making this inserter one of the easiest-to-use & most durable. Front-mounted roller position gives operator greater control & improves efficiency. Foot-pedal operated. Plastic & Metal coil compatible.
- Industrial-Grade Roller Motor: Heavy-Duty motor (3 times heavier-duty than other similar machines in its class).
- U-shaped Alignment Channel: Assists the operator to properly shape the document’s spine, for faster & easier coil insertion.
- Side Margin Control: Provides an evenly centered punch for all document sizes.
- Punching Margin Control: Provides the correct punch-margin-depth for each coil size and maximizes the document's tear resistance.
- Open Throat and Continuous Punch Guide: For an easy alignment and punching of longer documents up to 26”.
- Rugged ALL Metal Construction: Makes it the most reliable & durable coil binding system in its class.
- Extra-High-Capacity Waste Drawer
- 6 Height-Adjustable Non-Skid Metal Feet
- CE Certification: All components certified & approved by CE for most stringent safety requirements.
- ISO9001 & 14001 Quality: Manufactured under ISO9001 & 14001 guidelines for highest quality control & environmental management standards
- Includes Coil Diameter Selector & Premium Coil Crimpers
|Pitch:||Standard 4:1 (0.250”)|
[Other pitches also available upon special request]
|Operation:||Punching - Electric|
Inserting - Electric
|Single Punch Length:||13" (53 holes)|
|Hole Size:||Round (4mm) |
|Disengaging Pins:||5 out of 53|
|Single Punch Capacity:||Up to 25 sheets for 20 lbs paper|
Up to 2.6mm for hardboard (28-sheet equivalent thickness)*
|Suggested Binding Capacity:||Up to 7/8" (electric)|
Up to 2" (manual)
|Weight & Volume:||75 lbs & 2.9 CbFt|
|Warranty:||One Year |
* = To punch thicker materials (such as hardboard), simply remove the punch throat shield & proceed to punch.
Follow Lamination Depot on:
Please note: Product images are for reference purposes only.
Please read item description for complete product specifications.
Lamination Depot is committed to providing shoppers around the world with the best in laminating and binding supplies and equipment at the guaranteed lowest prices. Our knowledgeable staff is always happy to answer any questions that you may have, provide recommendations about products, or share helpful tips to help your perfect your binding and laminating processes. Want to learn more about what sets Lamination Depot apart from the competition? Click any of the links below.
To read more than 50 informative articles, including helpful "how-to" guides, product reviews, and expert tips, visit our blog. New articles are added often!
An Overview of Coil Binding - One of the Most Popular Binding Styles
The Long & Short of Using Binding Machines with Disengaging Pins
Lamination Depot is your source for a growing collection of informative videos, including product demonstrations and techniques. Check back soon ... new videos are added frequently!