| Akiles CoilMac-ECI Electric Spiral Binding Machine w/Elec Inserter
Click Thumbnail(s) Below to Enlarge
Item Number: COILMAC-ECI
The Akiles CoilMac-ECI is packed with innovative features and has the strongest construction of any machine of its class, making it the perfect partner for all of your coil binding needs. It has a super-strength punch mechanism that utilizes heat-treated steel dies to manually punch up to 20 sheets per pull (based on 20 lb. paper). The CoilMac-ECI has a maximum punching length of 13", but easily accommodates other sheet sizes with its open punching throat and five disengageable pins. This model also features a full-length, heavy-duty electric coil inserter that is operated with a convenient foot pedal and is capable of inserting coils up to 7/8" (coils up to 2" can be inserted manually). Other user-friendly features of the CoilMac-ECI include adjustable depth margin and side margin guides, a high-capacity waste drawer, a U-shaped alignment channel to aid in manual coil insertion, and a built-in coil diameter selector. A pair of premium coil crimpers is also included with every machine. The CoilMac-ECI works with all standard 4:1 pitch coil binding spines, including GBC CoilBinds.
- Round Holes: Standard 4mm round holes.
- 5 Disengageable Pins: Specially designed disengageable positions guarantee a clean punch with most standard paper sizes, making the CoilMac-ECI very simple to use.
- STANDARD 4:1 Pitch (0.250”): Standard pitch for coil binding. Punches 43 holes in a 11” sheet.
- Electric Insertion Operation: Powerful inserting capability with a simple press of foot pedal.
- Extended Single Punching Length (13”): With open ends & continuous punch guide to easily punch documents of any length (up to 26").
- High Volume Punch Capacity: Suggested up to 20-sheet for 20 lbs paper*, or 2.6mm (28-sheet equivalent) for hardboard**, in 13” length (53 holes).
- Super Strength Punch Mechanism with exclusive “Precision Guiding System TM” Blade Set: Cast-hardened & heat-treated steel dies provide superior strength & hardness. Exclusive “precision guiding system” guarantees a sharp & clean perforation everytime.
- Full Length Heavy-Duty Electric Coil Inserter with Double Roller Mechanism: 11-3/8” EPDM roller provides high friction and durability, making this inserter one of the easiest-to-use & most durable. Front-mounted roller position gives operator greater control & improves efficiency. Foot-pedal operated. Plastic & Metal coil compatible.
- Industrial-Grade Roller Motor: Heavy-Duty motor (3 times heavier-duty than other similar machines in its class).
- U-shaped Alignment Channel: Assists the operator to properly shape the document’s spine, for faster & easier coil insertion.
- Side Margin Control: Provides an evenly centered punch for all document sizes.
- Punching Margin Control: Provides the correct punch-margin-depth for each coil size and maximizes the document's tear resistance.
- Open Throat and Continuous Punch Guide: For an easy alignment and punching of longer documents up to 26”.
- Rugged ALL Metal Construction: Makes it the most reliable & durable coil binding system in its class.
- Extra-High-Capacity Waste Drawer
- 6 Height-Adjustable Non-Skid Metal Feet
- CE Certification: All components certified & approved by CE for most stringent safety requirements.
- ISO9001 & 14001 Quality: Manufactured under ISO9001 & 14001 guidelines for highest quality control & environmental management standards
- Includes Coil Diameter Selector & Premium Coil Crimpers
|Pitch:||Standard 4:1 (0.250”)|
[Other pitches also available upon special request]
|Operation:||Punching – Manual|
Inserting - Electric (with built-in Heavy-Duty Electric Roller)
|Single Punch Length:||13" (53 holes)|
|Hole Size:||Round (4mm)|
|Disengaging Pins:||5 out of 53|
|Single Punch Capacity:||Up to 20 sheets for 20 lbs paper.*|
Up to 2.6mm for hardboard (28-sheet equivalent thickness)**
|Suggested Binding Capacity:||Up to 7/8" (electric)|
Up to 2" (manual)
|Weight & Volume:||52 lbs & 28 CbFt|
*To avoid operator's fatigue, the punch throat shield has been set to accept up to 20 sheets only, based on average person's arm strength.
**To punch thicker materials (such as hardboard), simply remove the punch throat shield & proceed to punch.
Follow Lamination Depot on:
Please note: Product images are for reference purposes only.
Please read item description for complete product specifications.
Lamination Depot is committed to providing shoppers around the world with the best in laminating and binding supplies and equipment at the guaranteed lowest prices. Our knowledgeable staff is always happy to answer any questions that you may have, provide recommendations about products, or share helpful tips to help your perfect your binding and laminating processes. Want to learn more about what sets Lamination Depot apart from the competition? Click any of the links below.
Lamination Depot is your source for a growing collection of informative videos, including product demonstrations and techniques. Check back soon ... new videos are added frequently!