| Akiles VersaMac Heavy-Duty Electric Punch
Click Thumbnail(s) Below to Enlarge
Item Number: VERSAMAC
The Akiles VersaMac modular binding machine is one of the most powerful punches available on the market today. The VersaMac features an extra-high capacity punch that is capable of punching up to 55 sheets at once (based on 20 lb. paper and varying depending on the punch pattern selected), which can be operated electrically or manually based on the operator's preference. This model has a maximum punching length of 14" with an open throat to accommodate larger sheet sizes, and all dies have fully-disengageable pins to eliminate partially-punched holes on any document size. In addition to the standard punching dies—4:1 coil, 19-hole comb, 3:1 wire, and 2:1 wire—the VersaMac has many specialty dies available, including three-hole punch, VeloBind, oval 4:1 coil, round 3:1 wire, and round 2:1 wire. The dies are specially-designed to make changing between punch patterns fast and easy, making the VersaMac a popular choice for large offices and production environments. The modular design means that you can expand on your machine's functionality at any time by purchasing additional dies.
The VersaMac was designed with commercial-volume workloads in mind, so you can count on its reliability and rugged construction to complete any job on time. It has a number of features that increase productivity and set it apart from competitive models, including its innovative quiet punch, extra-large waste drawer with built-in overflow window, durable all-metal construction, and LED diagnostic lights (which provide critical information to the operator). If you've been looking for a modular binding machine that is built for super-duty use, then the Akiles VersaMac is the perfect choice for your book binding needs.
- Extra-High Punch Capacity: Up to 55 sheets of 20lb paper per lift. (number of sheets depends on paper weight and punch die pattern)
- Industrial-Grade Punch Motor: Induction AC motor (400 W) with high heat resistant electromagnetic brake, for years of trouble-free operation.
- Extra Wide 14” Single punching length with Open Ends: Enables easy punching for Legal size sheets, as well as even longer sheet sizes.
- Adjustable Depth Margin: Available for almost all punch dies, this key feature provides the correct punch margin depth for each element size.
- Interchangeable Die with Fully Disengageable Pins: Quickly and easily change from one punch pattern to another. Fully Disengageable Pins guarantee a clean punch for any paper size.
- Oval 4:1 (True Pitch) Punch Die: Rated as the best coil punch pattern by almost all customers, this punch die is available at almost half the price of competitors; comparable offers.
- Choice of Many Standard & Special Punch Dies: Available in various shapes (Oval / Round / Square / Rectangular), pitches ( 2:1 / 3:1 / 4:1 / 5mm / 6mm / comb). Ask for more details.
- One standard die included
- Built-in Anti-Jam (Reverse) Features: Automatic & Manual anti-jam features provide maximum assurance to avoid downtime.
- LED Diagnostic Lights: Indicates critical information to the operator.
- Foot Pedal or Manual Punch Operation: Allows each operator to choose his/her most comfortable operating mode.
- Innovative Quiet/Quick Punch Operation: Streamlines operations.
- Side Margin Control: Provides a centered punch for all documents.
- Wire Holder: Holds wire in place for easier inserting of sheets.
- Height-adjustable Non-Skid Feet
- Element Diameter Scale: Measures document’s thickness in order to select best wire/coil/comb element size option.
- U-Shaped Alignment Channel: Aids in conforming the spine of large diameter documents to the cois’ shape, for easier insertion.
- Extra-Large Waste Drawer with Overfill Window: Reduces overfills of paper chips while providing a clear view of paper chips level.
- Durable ALL Metal Construction: Makes it the most reliable and durable modular binding system in its class.
- Super-Duty Design: Designed with CAE (Computer-Aided Engineering) technology for maximum strength and durability. CE Certification: All components certified and approved by CE fot the most stringent safety requirements.
- ISO9001 Quality: For highest quality control.
- 1 Year Warranty
|Dimensions: ||10.5" H x 18" L x 20.5" W |
|Net Weight: ||108 lbs |
|Shipping Weight: ||121 lbs |
|SINGLE PUNCH CAPACITY |
(based on 20 lb bond paper)
|3-Hole: ||55 sheets |
|VeloTM GBC: ||55 sheets |
|Coil 4:1 (Oval/Round): ||35 sheets |
|Wire 3:1 (Square/Round): ||35 sheets |
|Wire 2:1 (Rectangular/ Round): ||35 sheets |
|Comb (Rectangular): ||35 sheets |
Follow Lamination Depot on:
Please note: Product images are for reference purposes only.
Please read item description for complete product specifications.
Lamination Depot is committed to providing shoppers around the world with the best in laminating and binding supplies and equipment at the guaranteed lowest prices. Our knowledgeable staff is always happy to answer any questions that you may have, provide recommendations about products, or share helpful tips to help your perfect your binding and laminating processes. Want to learn more about what sets Lamination Depot apart from the competition? Click any of the links below.
To read more than 50 informative articles, including helpful "how-to" guides, product reviews, and expert tips, visit our blog. New articles are added often!
The Long & Short of Using Binding Machines with Disengaging Pins
Pressing Matters: Binding Machines with Foot Pedals
Lamination Depot is your source for a growing collection of informative videos, including product demonstrations and techniques. Check back soon ... new videos are added frequently!