Akiles CoilMac-ER+ Manual Spiral Binding Machine w/Elec Inserter
The Akiles CoilMac-ER+ coil binding machine is a feature-packed model that is powerful enough for frequent use but comes at an affordable price. The CoilMac-ER+ has a high-volume punching capacity of up to 20 sheets (based on 20 lb. paper) and offers unmatched punching precision with its exclusive "Precision Guiding System." All 54 of the CoilMac-ER+'s dies are disengageable, allowing it to punch practically any document size or specialty paper type (such as three-hole punched paper). Its super-strength punching dies are made from heat-treated steel, and feature an innovative 4mm x 5mm oval shape to aid in coil inserting and page turning. To make coil inserting even easier, the CoilMac-ER+ has a built-in electric coil inserter that is operated by a convenient foot pedal (coil inserter is compatible with coils up to 7/8"; coils up to 2" can be inserted manually). The CoilMac-ER+ has an adjustable depth margin as well as a sliding side margin control to help ensure a consistent result throughout any project. This model also includes a set of free premium coil crimpers. The CoilMac-ER+ works with all 4:1 pitch coil binding spines, including GBC CoilBinds.
- OVAL holes: Special 4 x 5mm oval holes. The first & only equipment of its class to offer this advanced feature. Makes coil insertion much faster as compared to standard round holes. When used together with our HD Electric Coil Inserter, it will drastically save your coil insertion time by up to 50%.
- FULLY Disengageable Pins: For a completely clean & professional punching of any paper size, all 54 pins can be independently pulled & disengaged.
- LETTER 4:1 pitch (0.248"): This revolutionary 0.248” coil pitch is specifically designed to give you 44 evenly-centered holes in an 11” sheet, which provides the most ideal hole to edge-of-sheet margins and easier coil insertion. Hole pattern is 100% compatible with STANDARD 4:1 pitch coils.
- Extended Single Punching Length (13"): With open ends & continuous punch guide to easily punch documents of any length (up to 26").
- High Volume Punch Capacity: Suggested up to 20-sheet* for 20 lbs paper, or 2.6mm (28-sheet equivalent)** for hardboard, in 13" length (53 holes).
- Super Strength Punch Mechanism with exclusive “Precision Guiding System TM" Blade Set: Cast-hardened & heat-treated steel dies provide superior strength & hardness. Exclusive “precision guiding system" guarantees a sharp & clean perforation everytime.
- Top Electric Roller Coil Inserter (Foot Pedal Operated): This easy to use and durable roller makes coil inserting surprisingly fast and easy. It is strategically placed on the left side of the machine so your coil will clear the punch handle while you are inserting.
- Side Margin Control: Provides an evenly centered punch for all document sizes.
- Punching Margin Control: Provides the correct punch-margin-depth for each coil size and maximizes the document's tear resistance.
- Open Throat and Continuous Punch Guide: For an easy alignment and punching of longer documents up to 26".
- Rugged ALL Metal Construction: Makes it the most reliable & durable coil binding system in its class.
- Large Waste Drawer and Non-Skid Feet
- CE Certification: All components certified & approved by CE for most stringent safety requirements.
- ISO9001 & 14001 Quality: Manufactured under ISO9001 & 14001 guidelines for highest quality control & environmental management standards.
- Includes Coil Diameter Selector & Premium Oval Coil Crimpers
|Operation:||Punching - Manual|
Inserting - Electric (with built-in Electric Roller)
|Disengaging Dies:||All 54|
|Single Punching Capacity:||Up to 20 sheets for 20 lbs paper*|
Up to 2.6mm for hardboard (28-sheet equivalent thickness)**
|Suggested Binding Capacity:||Up to 7/8" (electric)|
Up to 2" (manual)
|Single Punch Legnth:||13" (54 holes)|
|Hole Size:||Oval (4mm x 5mm)|
|Adjustable Depth Margin:||Included|
|Weight & Volume:||38 lbs & 2.5 CbFt|
*To avoid operator's fatigue, our punch throat shield has been set to accept up to 20 sheets only, based on average person's arm strength.
**To punch thicker materials (such as hardboard), simply remove the punch throat shield & proceed to punch.
To read more than 50 informative articles, including helpful "how-to" guides, product reviews, and expert tips, visit our blog. New articles are added often!
Lamination Depot is committed to providing shoppers around the world with the best in laminating and binding supplies and equipment at the guaranteed lowest prices. Our knowledgeable staff is always happy to answer any questions that you may have, provide recommendations about products, or share helpful tips to help your perfect your binding and laminating processes. Want to learn more about what sets Lamination Depot apart from the competition? Click any of the links below.