Akiles CoilMac-EPI-Plus Electric Spiral Binding Machine w/Elec Inserter
The Akiles CoilMac-EPI+ coil binding machine is a heavy-duty, all-electric binding machine capable of handling commercial-volume workloads. The CoilMac-EPI+ is equipped with a powerful electric punch that is capable of up to 25 sheets at once (based on 20 lb. paper) that uses Akiles' exclusive "Precision Guiding System" to ensure a clean, precise punch every time. The CoilMac-EPI+ also features innovative 4mm x 5mm oval punching dies, which make inserting coils and turning pages faster, easier, and more smooth than with traditional round dies. This model has 54 fully-disengaging dies as well as an open punching throat and continuous punching guide, which give it the ability to punch a wide variety of document sizes. The CoilMac-EPI+ has a full-length electric coil inserter that is designed for heavy-duty use, with an industrial-grade roller motor and foot pedal operation. The double-roller inserter is capable of inserting coils up to 7/8" in diameter (coils up to 2" in diameter can be inserted manually). The CoilMac-EPI+ is backed by a one-year manufacturer's warranty, and its durable, all-metal construction will provide you with years of trouble-free use. Free premium coil crimping tool is included. The CoilMac-EPI+ is compatible with all standard 4:1 pitch binding coils, including GBC Color Coils.
- OVAL holes: Special 4 x 5mm oval holes. The first & only equipment of its class to offer this advanced feature. Makes coil insertion much faster as compared to standard round holes. When used together with our HD Electric Coil Inserter, it will drastically save your coil insertion time by up to 50%.
- FULLY Disengageable Pins: For a completely clean & professional punching of any paper size, all 54 pins can be independently pulled & disengaged.
- LETTER 4:1 pitch (0.248”): This revolutionary 0.248” coil pitch is specifically designed to give you 44 evenly-centered holes in an 11” sheet, which provides the most ideal hole to edge-of-sheet margins and easier coil insertion. Hole pattern is 100% compatible with STANDARD 4:1 pitch coils.
- All Electric Operation: Powerful punching & inserting capability with a simple press of foot pedal.
- Extended Single Punching Length (13”): With open ends & continuous punch guide to easily punch documents of any length (up to 26").
- High Volume Punch Capacity: Suggested up to 25-sheet for 20 lbs paper, or 2.6mm (28-sheet equivalent) for hardboard*, in 13” length (53 holes).
- Super Strength Punch Mechanism with exclusive “Precision Guiding System TM” Blade Set: Cast-hardened & heat-treated steel dies provide superior strength & hardness. Exclusive “precision guiding system” guarantees a sharp & clean perforation everytime.
- Electric Reverse (Anti-Jam) Function: For trouble-free punching.
- Full Length Heavy-Duty Electric Coil Inserter with Double Roller Mechanism: 11-3/8” EPDM roller provides high friction and durability, making this inserter one of the easiest-to-use & most durable. Front-mounted roller position gives operator greater control & improves efficiency. Foot-pedal operated. Plastic & Metal coil compatible.
- Industrial-Grade Roller Motor: Heavy-Duty motor (3 times heavier-duty than other similar machines in its class).
- U-shaped Alignment Channel: Assists the operator to properly shape the document’s spine, for faster & easier coil insertion.
- Side Margin Control: Provides an evenly centered punch for all document sizes.
- Punching Margin Control: Provides the correct punch-margin-depth for each coil size and maximizes the document's tear resistance.
- Open Throat and Continuous Punch Guide: For an easy alignment and punching of longer documents up to 26”.
- Rugged ALL Metal Construction: Makes it the most reliable & durable coil binding system in its class.
- Extra-High-Capacity Waste Drawer
- 6 Height-Adjustable Non-Skid Metal Feet
- CE Certification: All components certified & approved by CE for most stringent safety requirements.
- ISO9001 & 14001 Quality: Manufactured under ISO9001 & 14001 guidelines for highest quality control & environmental management standards
- Includes Coil Diameter Selector & Premium Oval Coil Crimpers
|Operation:||Punching – Electric|
Inserting - Electric
|Single Punch Length:||13" (54 holes)|
|Hole Size:||Oval (4mm x 5mm)|
|Disengaging Pins:||All 54|
|Single Punch Capacity:||Up to 25 sheets for 20 lbs paper|
Up to 2.6mm for hardboard (28-sheet equivalent thickness)*
|Suggested Binding Capacity:||Up to 1" (electric)|
Up to 2" (manual)
|Weight & Volume:||75 lbs & 2.9 CbFt|
* = To punch thicker materials (such as hardboard), simply remove the punch throat shield & proceed to punch.
Lamination Depot is committed to providing shoppers around the world with the best in laminating and binding supplies and equipment at the guaranteed lowest prices. Our knowledgeable staff is always happy to answer any questions that you may have, provide recommendations about products, or share helpful tips to help your perfect your binding and laminating processes. Want to learn more about what sets Lamination Depot apart from the competition? Click any of the links below.
To read more than 50 informative articles, including helpful "how-to" guides, product reviews, and expert tips, visit our blog. New articles are added often!